Smooth, Quick and Easy - Since 1997!
Prefer to talk? 01792 477316
Request Assistance Sales After Sales
We love to help people find and buy or sell private number plates the easy way

Bought a used vehicle

If you have just purchased a used car or other second hand vehicle and the previous keeper has already sent their part of the V5C Registration Certificate to the DVLA to change the keeper details, we advise that you wait for the DVLA to send you the new V5C Registration Certificate in your name, before submitting your transfer. We no longer accept the V5C/2 New Keeper Supplement for transfer assignments because the DVLA produces new Registration Certificates very quickly, often making the previous V5C/2 New Keeper Supplements invalid, before they even reach us.

Please note that you will need to re-tax the vehicle as the ‘New Keeper’ before submitting your transfer application to the DVLA. You can read more about transferring a private registration mark in our DVLA processes and regulations area.

Once the transfer of your private registration is completed you will receive a new full V5C Registration Certificate showing the new keeper’s details and your new private registration mark.