Easy, Simple and Quick Since 1997
Prefer to talk? 01792 477316
Request Assistance Sales After Sales
We love to help people find and buy or sell private number plates the easy way

Client support & advice


Thank you for choosing VRM Swansea / Plates4less. We understand that buying and selling private number plates can be complicated so we have answered frequently asked questions below. If you can't find the answer to your question or would like to ask us for an update on your order, please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible (usually within 24 hours Mon-Fri).

If you require urgent assistance please don't hesitate to call us on 01792 477316

E-Transfer Gateway

If you have chosen our Done-for-You service and have received your confirmation letter, you may wish to submit your V5C details via our E-Transfer Gateway

Frequently Asked Questions

You cannot legally display your new number plates on your vehicle until the DVLA has officially assigned (transferred) your new registration mark to it.
  • If you chose our DFY service we will send you our 'notification of successful completion of the transfer'. This will arrive sooner than your new V5C from DVLA showing your new reg mark, which will follow on later.
  • If you chose our certificate only DIY service then you must not display new plates on your vehicle until you have followed the instructions and assigned the new mark to your vehicle, using the DVLA service.

You will not a receive a replacement MOT certificate. Your current MOT certificate will remain valid until the expiry date. Your MOT and road tax records will be updated electronically. Once you have received your new V5C document, you will know that the transfer has been completed and you can affix the new number plates to your vehicle.

If you need to make any changes to the V750 certificate of entitlement , we must apply to the DVLA to process the application for you, you cannot do this yourself. DVLA will not accept any applications to make changes to the certificate without our authority.

How to apply to change the 'Nominee' name:

  1. To assign your registration mark to a vehicle which is registered in a different name (i.e. the name on the V750 and name on the V5C don't match), please return your certificate to us with the slip attached to your Certificate. We will authorise it for you and post it right back. No payment is required.
  2. If you require a new certificate with a new nominee name, please complete and return the slip attached to your Certificate. A new certificate will be printed and returned to you with the new nominee name upon payment of an administration fee, please call us on 01792 477316 to make this payment.

When you change your vehicle, you can keep your private number plate by either retaining it onto a government holding certificate or transferring it to your new vehicle. To retain or transfer the registration number you will need to apply to the DVLA using their downloadable V317 form and pay their £80 fee. Your old vehicle will usually be given back its previous registration mark and you will need to change its number plates before you sell it.

Please note: If you do not transfer or retain your personal registration mark before you sell your vehicle then it legally becomes the property of the new owner and you will have lost all your rights to it.

If you would like us to assist you for a small administration fee, then please call us on 01792 477316.

Contact Us

Are you the buyer or the seller?
Prefered Contact Method
Query Type
(maximum 250 characters)
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.